I'M SO OLD..
Inspired by a few of the li.st app users on here and I'm suddenly feeling quite nostalgic.
- •The choices for listening to music back then: WALKMAN VS DISCMANI broke my first one then got the "Walkman Sports" one as a replacement. I didn't get a Discman until later..until it apparently wasn't "hip" anymore.
- •Had to press record/play buttons simultateouly just to record a favorite song on the radio. My version of mixtapes.
- •Ordered music videos I actually wanted to see on TV...or simply recorded music videos from shows on videotape via VCR
- •Items found in the classroom: overhead projectors, trapper keepers, Lisa Frank everything, rollaway TV carts with VCR
- •How I had to research things:Encyclopedias galore and actually locating books in the library through Dewey Decimal System
- •Then, save my school work on actual floppy disks..to be printed out at a later time.
- •Getting on the internets was fun...What's that awful background noise?
- •New Phone Who Dis?We've come a long way..
- •Then there's these cool thingamajigs.. Admittedly, bought it just for the aesthetics. I can't remember if it actually tasted good or not. I guess that's my answer. Ha.
- •Oh, then there's this MTV Dating Show of the past..Singled Out.
- •...and while we're at, let's talk about a particular goofy dance show called MTV's "The Grind" https://youtu.be/DHTyG8x5UPoIt's a long video but let's just appreciate the sweet moves and the fashion for a just a min.