Best Things About My New Neighborhood in Chicago
Just moved to Chicago. Still figuring this place out, but here's what I love so far in a 10-block radius of my apartment.
- 1.Liquor and adjacent pharmacy in the supermarketBut still I make a little loop, because I know they just printed me something recommending the two don't mix.
- 2.The corner bar (literally a corner)The kind of place with good food and where servers and bartenders hang out on their downtime. They pour a good bourbon without judgment even though there are about 25 beer taps. V important
- 3.So much good fried chickenDon't tell my family in the South
- 4.Finally a Bloody Mary I likeWith a beer back. But more importantly, not loaded down with horseradish, which is something Satan slips into food to try to burn your face off from the inside.
- 5.Harpo StudiosJust walking around one day. Bam there it was.
- 6.Neighbors who keep to themselvesNobody is a dick, but I love that we can go up 39 floors without feeling a need to talk about the weather. My next door neighbor has one of those mats that says Welcome in a bunch of different languages, but she avoided all eye contact the one time I saw her. I respect it.