Game Show Hot Takes & Peeves
I love game shows, and working from home means they are usually a happy distraction from work and the news of the end of the world. Still, I got some issues.
- •Plinko is special, but it's not *that* special.It's almost impossible to win "50 thoooooooousand dollars."
- •While we're at it... fuck Cliffhanger.
- •Why everybody on Wheel of Fortune think they gotta yell?
- •This GSN Chain Reaction reboot from a few years ago is fine, but the contestants are dumb. asses.And that bonus round completing each other's... sentences.... woof!
- •Why don't more Feud families pass instead of playing?Top seven answers on the board. Name something you'd find in the glove box of a man's car. Let the other family strike out while you huddle and think up "ketchup packet."
- •How you gonna give one car to five grown-ass people?
- •It's a survey!It's not how happy YOU are in YOUR marriage, on a scale of one to 10, or what month YOU wanted to get married. What did 100 people say?
- •People are too hard on Alex.Yeah, he comes across as a dick sometimes, because he knows the answers. But at least he's got some personality. Some jerk hosts don't got that.
- •Related: Lay off Vanna.Stand, walk, tap, smile. Pat doesn't do much more, and asshole probably makes a fuckload more money.
- •If we gotta hear contestant stories, please let's work on them more.Or let's don't and just move the show along.
- •I miss Lingo but do not miss Chuck Woolery.Misogynist, Trumpist, creephole.
- •I never got to drop a Scrabble tile into the desk hole.Still, Chuck can suck it.
- •My parents never bought me a Mr. Gameshow.If Amazon Wishlists were things in 1987 when this came out, it would still be on my list today.