I Cut the Facebook Cord 3 Days Ago. Here's What's Happened Since.
- •Google News became my default app to mindlessly thumb-tap through
- •No one wished me sweet dreams with a picture of Snoopy sleeping on his doghouse.
- •I missed a couple big moments from my brother's trip to HondurasBut he filled me in on gchat.
- •I did not miss moments from my niece's and nephews' trip to the beach, because apparently their mom didn't post any.But I saw some anyway, because now I'm on Instagram.
- •I have been exposed to no new recipes that begin with ground beef and crescent rolls.
- •My step- great uncle is in the hospital, and it took me days to find out.
- •My mom started saying, "Well since you're not on Facebook anymore, I'll fill you in on this..."That's how I learned about my stepmom's uncle and that my ex sister-in-law oddly posted no beach pics. But eventually it's going to become news about random hometown people she will be upset I don't remember.
- •I was not thrown back today.
- •I regained message control.