No-cost Gifts to Make a Real Difference for Your Parents and Your Sanity
- •Adjust all the TV settings so "Homeland" doesn't look like a telenovela.
- •Toss any candy no one will ever want.If a Bit-o-Honey has lived in that house for longer than I did, it gots to go.
- •Delete unnecessary desktop shortcuts.
- •Throw away at least one box of your old shit.Yes, my AP English teacher said he'd never thought of the similarities between "Babbitt" and "Hard Times" in quite the way I had. But I'll never read those books again and certainly don't care what 17-year-old me thought about them.
- •Let them say whatever they want about the news.I mean, really, maybe I'm a little jealous when somebody is confused about which one is the Senator.
- •Sit through as many "King of Queens" episodes as they want. Let yourself admit it's funny sometimes.And/or fantasize about what fucked-up shit Leah Remini was dealing with at the time.
- •Don't let yourself be impatient with them, especially to the point where they can tell.Suggested by @biz
- •Listen to the story about there college professor with an accent. Even though you've heard it 30 timesThis is actually for my grandpa not my parents but it's a really nice to let people feel listened and it's hard to explain that you heard the story beforeSuggested by @applesarahgate
- •Visit 😬Suggested by @weimsworld