Smells I Vividly Remember From Childhood (Ranked by Smiles)
Inspired by @element75
- 10.Pink-orange vomit cover-up
- 9.Rectangular cafeteria pizza
- 8.My kindergarten teacher's hair
- 7.Tempera paint being mixed just as class started
- 6.Auditorium full of onionsOur elementary school fundraiser was selling cases of Vidalia onions. It was a huge hit, and the annual order pickup day was a sweet-pungent madhouse.
- 5.64 crayons
- 4.My grandfather's spaghetti sauceHe wasn't Italian, but he'd been a cook in the Korean War, so this was a crowd pleaser and he only knew how to make enough to literally feed an Army.
- 3.Juice of a garden-fresh cherry tomato as you bite into itWe called them "tommy toes"
- 2.Freshly cut, dewy grass as my nose first hit it rolling down the hill by my dad's softball field
- 1.Library books