GREAT SOLO ACTIVITIES IN SAN FRANCISCO
I moved here a year ago alone, so I've spent A LOT of quality time with number one.
- •Go to this one awesome jazz bar.Club Deluxe has live jazz shows pretty much every night and serves greyhounds with freshly squeezed juice. Totally 50s-feeling spot in the Haight.
- •Get stoned and wander around Japantown.It has the best movie theater in town (Kabuki cinemas, which also sells whiskey-cornflake ice-cream from Humphrey Slocombe); a kitschy old Japanese shopping mall from the 60s full of knick-knack shops, boba, and sushi; and Kabuki Springs, a reasonably priced spa for chill times.
- •Read in Precita ParkA nice neighborhood park that is quiet without being dead with a great organic grocery on the corner for beers and farm-fresh fruit. Dolores Park is great but a permanent shit show.
- •Sing some oldies at MartunisAn old piano bar that serves lethal martinis. Tons of seating, super friendly crowd, great for drinking one deep.
- •Tour North Beach with Detour's appTheir audio tour walks you through SF's Beat history. Takes about an hour and a half and drops you off at literary landmark City Light's Bookstore so you can peruse for new reads.