MOST TRAUMATIC THINGS THERAPISTS HAVE SAID TO ME
I've been out of therapy ever since I moved to SF and lately I have really missed my dude in NYC, Robert from South Africa. I went on so many bad dates before finding him.
- •"It's not your fault, Steven."Who is Steven? 😢
- •"Hold on one sec while I take this call."He took two calls in first/only session, in fact.
- •"Sorry, do you want me to put some shoes on?"His naked feet were propped up on a stool. He also had three cats. One of the most uncomfortable hours of my life.
- •"Well, since you asked this office is actually where I live with my partner. My wife lives on the other side of the building. We have an arrangement."Did not ask.
- •"Your nose isn't THAT big."When my mom suggested I get a nose job.
- •"I think if you tried a little harder with girls, you could be straight."To be fair, I'm a Kinsey 6.
- •"I always say, 'If you're not killing anyone, you're doing pretty good.'"I guess I just hold myself to higher standards?
- •"I'm afraid there is only one therapist in our office qualified to handle your issues."Happened during an intake at my college's counseling center. I felt sad but also unique being the owner of such special baggage.