A How To: Apple Roses 🍎🍏
Thanks @marginally_amazing If you want someone who doesn't bake to tell you how to bake then please read on. This is how I made apple roses at work today using uninformative pics and gifs.
- •Start by suggesting that we do an apple bake off just because it's fall. Tell everyone that I won't be baking because that's not a thing that I do.Feel guilty for not participating and overcommit
- •Because you don't bake you'll have to head to Walmart before work and buy things like a muffin tin, puff pastry, icing sugar, apricot jamApples were from an Orchard. Don't be like Skinner.
- •First cut the apple in half and then core. Start by using the wrong knife until someone suggests using a pairing knife.
- •Try to thinly slice apples which is impossible.Use a mandoline. Not pictured.
- •Apparently you should put the apples in cold water, with the juice of half a lemon. Then microwave it for 3 minutes.Was the cold water necessary? Really?
- •The apricot jam needs to be heated as well, add a couple tablespoons of water and mix.
- •Roll out your puff pastry
- •Apply watered down jam to puff pastry
- •Arrange apple slices on puff pastry, the skin of the apple slice should be just above the pastry and sprinkle cinnamon(Apparently the Internet has made cats playing Jenga a thing. These are indeed dark times, my friends)
- •Somehow defy the laws of science and roll them up.Had to show you what I was expected to do so you understand the next step.
- •Place in muffin tin and bake in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes
- •Ice the apple roses USING a sieveDon't leave to take a phone call and have someone else put the icing sugar on them when it's out of the oven.
- •Have them turn out nothing like you saw on your Instagram Explore feedBut not as horribly as you thought it would.
- •Have people tell you it tastes good but wonder if they're just saying that because you're the boss