Feel Good Movie #1 - Beverly Hills Cop
As a kid I was a huge Eddie Murphy fan. I hid behind the couches of my living room while the adults were watching Raw, it was my first experience of stand up comedy - I was never the same.
- •Soundtrack/ScoreThe iconic "Axel F" aside the soundtrack and score is damn near perfect. Only thing missing is "Party All the Time"
- •Axel FoleyT H E M A N. Originally Foley was to be played by Stallone, I can't even begin to contemplate what kind of world this would be had this happened.
- •Rosewood and TaggartMy younger self had a crush on Rosewood because he was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. My older self would lean more towards men like Taggart, wonderfully jaded and exasperated.
- •Police cars of yesteryearThe police cars in Detroit in the 80s had the lamest decals. Looks like something someone at Signs Signs Signs would have designed.
- •Cliched Hardass Boss utters cliched line"This whole thing stinks to high heaven"
- •"Michael Jackson can sit on top of the world just as long as he doesn't sit in the Beverly Palm Hotel because ..." Would have been a great article to read in Rolling Stone
- •SergeNot sure what accent Bronson Pinchot was supposed to be doing, much like his Balki character but I'm not complaining. I love him.
- •The classic banana-in-the-tailpipe trick
- •Shoot out with multiple machine guns versus revolver, pistol and shot gunThis goes as expected - I love accurate depiction of gun violence.
- •Yes there are problematic themesI acknowledge but do not excuse them.
- •P.S. I now second-guess my spelling of Beverly after watching The Jinx even though I never misspelled it before