Movies I Watched For The First Time This Week
Movies I really should have watched a long time ago
- •Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)I know enough about this through its prominence in pop culture but holy hell I'm in awe of Tim Curry just for wearing those heels. I want to be Magenta for next Halloween because I'm all about her hair.
- •The Shining (1980)I definitely planned to watch this on Halloween. Again I knew about many memorable moments but I still wasn't prepared. Jack Nicholson is frightening but this movie has so many trigger moments that I found it claustrophobic. Incredible but I don't know if I can watch it again. (Updated to add: @Gola)
- •Trading Places (1983)My love for 80s Eddie Murphy should be known by now and had such high hopes for loving this. I didn't, not even in the slightest. I guess it needed more Eddie.
- •Brazil (1985)I actually though I wouldn't like it because I couldn't even finish Blade Runner and I had paired these together for a movie night. Since that never came to pass I watched it on its own and adored it's absurdity. Actually I loved it. P.S Jonathan Pryce is lovely.
- •Serial Mom (1994)Number of people I've had crushes on that are in this movie: 3.
- •Sexy Beast (2000)I'm a huge fan of Jonathan Glazer's music videos and had this on my to watch list way back when. British people are scary. Well the gangsters and the members of the UKIP party are.