My most anticipated books for the remainder of 2016
Thanks to @RonCharles for helping me add to this list and for obviously inspiring my own anticipated books list. (I think one is already published but I don't own it yet so the anticipation is still real)
- •The Persuaders: The Hidden Industry That Want To Change To Change Your Mind by James GarveyListened to an interview on CBC Radio with the author and was instantly intrigued.
- •Phishing for Phools: The Economics of Manipulation by G. Akerlof and R. ShillerThe audiobook is read by Bronson Pinchot. Yep Balki narrates this. Now I'm strongly considering the audiobook instead.
- •Here I Am by Jonathan Safran FoerYes I lived and died by Foer's first two novels, pimped them out and called him my favourite contemporary author. No pressure Foer.
- •The Underground Railroad by Colson WhiteheadI wasn't aware of this until @RonCharles list. I remember as a kid first learning of the Underground Railroad, my classmates and I were astonished that there wasn't an actual railroad. Thank goodness for patient teachers.
- •Swing TimeMy affection for Zadie Smith has waned. I am hoping to fall in love with her all over again.