Things I do/think about during my 4+ hour drives
I drive back and forth from Cornwall to Toronto at least a couple times a month. I try not to fall asleep a number of different ways.
- •Listen to audiobooksCurrently going back and forth between American Prometheus by Sherwin/Bird and One More Thing by @bjnovak
- •Pretend I'm narrating my own audiobookIt's gripping but I give it 2 1/2 stars. I'm a tough critic.
- •Try rapping Eminem's verse in Drake's Forever
- •Sing horribly to whatever is on the radioI willfully put on voices to detract from my horrible singing.
- •Try to YouTube Leonard Cohen songs I must listen to at that exact moment.I will risk it all for just one song, and that song is Famous Blue Raincoat.
- •Practice making strong, declarative statements and have at least three points to back it upThesis, supporting arguments, conclusion - and they say the public school system is broken.
- •Momentarily use cruise control and turn it off because I don't actually understand how it works and I get scared
- •Listen to talk radio and shake my fists because that's now a thing I do
- •Develop a complex backstory for fellow drivers and why they're on the road right nowWhat are you running from, Fred?!?