DAUGHTERS WITHOUT MOTHERS AND COWBOYS
Good thing I have therapy this morning.
- •When your mother dies, it's something you never get over.
- •When I'm in pain, I still want to call out to her.
- •I still do. In my mind, I'll say, "Mom" repeatedly.
- •And this morning when I opened a newly published book authored by her best friend that was dedicated to my mom, I lost it.
- •I knew about the dedication, her friend had sent me the text months ago. But I still lost it.
- •Staying connected to her friend has been nice. Their friendship while I was growing up taught me what kind of friendships I wanted to have as an adult woman.
- •We don't always agree on everything, just like her and Mom.
- •But when she tells me she loves me and calls me Tiffy, it's special.
- •This wouldn't normally be the type of book I'd read but I will, for her.
- •For Mom.