FIRST WORLD FEMINISM
I had to make this. It’s crazy that these issues aren’t more well known. The truth is, gender inequality has implications WAY beyond First World Feminism. As women, we have a lot more progress to make…
- •It’s easy to get hung up on the (very real) problems facing us in AmericaCatcalling, rape culture, the wage gap, and our reproductive rights get most of the attention
- •The problem is, white feminism is forgetfulIt forgets black women. It forgets the women in the Middle East. It overlooks the fact that in a lot of countries feminism isn’t a thing.
- •The reality is that our sisters are NOT FREE
- •Please continue the conversation surrounding intersectionality, feminism, and human/ women's rights. Please do so by looking outside of First World Feminism and advocating for global change
- •Because Feminism isn't a home game