REDSKINS ROSTER PREDICTIONS (BIG MEN)
Part 2 of my prediction for the final 53. Up next are the o line and d line
- •LT- Trent WilliamsThe Silverback is an All-Pro talent. He has apparently dropped a little weight which should make him even more lethal on the move.
- •LG- Shawn LauvaoStill just 26, Lauvao played well when healthy last year. Of course, he got a nasty ankle injury and could find it hard to get on the filed. I could easily see Spencer Long here with Lichtensteiger at C.
- •C- Spencer LongLong didn't play particularly well in 2015, but he still has room to grow. I think Lichtensteiger is over the hill, but this should be a close call.
- •RG- Brandon ScherffThe Sheriff only missed one snap last year, and it was because his shoe came off. His ceiling is sky high.
- •RT- Morgan MosesHeld his own in 2015 and has apparently put on some muscle this offseason.
- •Swing Tackle- Ty NsekheA huge man with a cool backstory. Played receiver in the Arena League before bouncing around the NFL.
- •G/C- Josh LeRibeusFor now I'm predicting that Licht will get cut. For some reason, the coaches seem to like this guy even though he was pretty terrible at C last year. I'm least confident in my interior line predictions.
- •Depth- Takoby Cofield, Arie KouandjioGoing with youth here. Kouandjio is a 4th round pick from Bama via DeMatha.
- •LDE- Chris BakerBaker will play all over the line, but I imagine he'll play on the strong side in our base 3-4. Swaggy has quickly become one of my favorite Skins. Love that he wears 92 since he is the anti-Haynesworth.
- •NT- Kedric GolstonOur old veteran. We only lined up in base about 1/3 of the time last year. While I expect Golston to see a lot of work, I imagine guys like Murphy and RJF will see more total snaps.
- •RDE- Stephen PaeaA freak who put up 49 bench reps at his Combine. Was hurt last year but I expect him to see the field a good bit. This line will be rotating A LOT.
- •Interior Rush- Trent MurphyMurphy is already up over 280 pounds as he makes the switch from OLB. He can set the edge against the run and can create some pressure. I expect The Yeti to see the field a lot both at 3 and 5 technique.
- •NT2- Matt IoannidisA leader on a surprise Temple defense. Listed as a DE, I could see him playing all over the line.
- •Depth- Ricky Jean Francois, Kendall ReyesVeteran guys who can play inside on passing down or at 5 technique in base. Reyes is a FA addition from the Chargers.