REDSKINS ROSTER PREDICTIONS (LBs AND SECONDARY)
The finale of my Redskins 2016 final 53 prediction. HTTR
- •OLB- Ryan KerriganOne of the best players on the team, Kerrigan played hurt for parts of 2015. A great all around edge player.
- •OLB- Junior GaletteA disruptive force when healthy. Galette eclipsed 10 sacks in 2013 and 2014 before missing all of last year with a torn Achilles'. Will form a dangerous rotation.
- •ILB- Will ComptonPlayed fairly well in 2015. Added muscle this offseason and should compete for one of our starting spots.
- •ILB- Perry RileyMade a few plays last year before getting injured. He has never really impressed me and I do not expect him to be resigned after this year.
- •CB- Josh NormanWhat a crazy addition. Norman immediately makes the team better. I love the contract we gave him and our ability to bail after 3 years if need be. So far, it sounds like we won't want to.
- •CB- Bashaud BreelandPlayed out of his mind for most of 2015. His performance against the Jets particularly stands out. A young corner on the rise.
- •Nickel- Kendall FullerA great value in the 3rd round. Another Virginia Tech DB for our defense. Had 1st round potential before his meniscus injury.
- •FS- DeAngelo HallThe veteran leader of our defense, Hall is spending his first full offseason at safety. I love his willingness to play the run, and he has great ball skills.
- •SS- David BrutonAn under the radar signing. Mostly played special teams in Denver but played well on defense before getting hurt. Was a captain in Denver.
- •Nickel LB- Su'a CravensOur second round pick. Will wear #36 to honor Sean Taylor. Will play all over the field. I expect most of his snaps to come at LB in passing situations. He could push Bruton to start at SS.
- •OLB- Preston SmithHad 8 sacks last year as a rotational player. He will play a bigger role this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if he started over Galette. Could also line up inside in Nickel.
- •OLB Depth- Houston BatesA special teamer who bounced between the practice squad and roster last year.
- •ILB- Mason FosterPlayed surprisingly well last year after signing off the street. Started his career off well in Tampa and could push Compton or Riley.
- •ILB Depth/ST- Adam Hayward, Martrell SpaightHayward was a special teams standout prior to joining the Redskins, but was hurt last year. Spaight and Steven Daniels are likely competing for one spot.
- •CB4- Quinton DunbarWe've all heard about his successful transition from WR to CB. Good size and showed a lot of improvement throughout last season.
- •SS- Duke IhenachoHas gotten hurt early in the year in both '14 and '15. Got a nice payday by selling #24 to Josh Norman.
- •Safety Depth/ST- Will Blackmon, DeShazor EverettBlackmon played well after signing off the street last year. Both guys are transitioning from CB, which is why I only have 4 corners on this projection.