BEST ALBUMS I BOUGHT DURING MY FIRST YEAR AT UNIVERSITY
- •The Nightfly - Donald FagenHeard the first time I visited an Italian restaurant. How sophisticated I felt!
- •The Hounds of Love - Kate BushIt's in the trees. It's coming.
- •The Lexicon of Love - ABCListening to Anne Dudley's orchestration as we drove (in a minibus) through the mountains of Austria was sublime.
- •A Secret Wish - PropagandaI bought everything from ZZT.
- •Slave To The Rhythm - Grace JonesHeard in Austria. Bought in Good Vibrations on Great Victoria Street.
- •Here's To Future Days - The Thompson TwinsI can't listen to it without being overwhelmed by memories of my first week at university - the wonder, confusion, fear, excitement ... Not their best album. Probably not even a good one but it's so integral to those days that I can never be unbiased.