Maybe He Doesnt Hit You...
Emotional abuse is still abuse. I saw this trending on twitter and it hit home because I was once in an emotionally abusive relationship. To this day, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even realize that. But it made me thankful for the healthy relationship that I'm currently in.
- •...But he spends all of his time telling you how he is still in love with his ex-girlfriend and that you'll never be like her
- •...But he expects you to be with him at a certain time, and if you're not, he'll go searching for you and scream at your friends for not telling him where you are
- •...But if you go out with a group of friends without him, he'll call you before, during, and after and say you're a slut if any other males were there
- •...But you find yourself making excuses to your friends about his behavior. "He's just got a lot going on right now."
- •...But he isolates you from even your best friends
- •...But you think he's playfully nibbling on your bottom lip until he bites so hard that it bruises and you tell everyone you did it to yourselfNow I know this was actual physical abuse and I'm thankful that it never progressed past that incident
- •Because of some amazing friends who didn't give up on me, I luckily was only in this relationship for about 5 months. There are so many people out there that think it's ok because he/she is not hitting them.
- •If you have a friend that is going through this, please don't give up on them! They are being blinded and cannot see what everyone else sees. And if you relate to this, please find help. There are people out there that will and do genuinely love you.