Beastie Boys Lyrics That Are Closest to "Gangsta Rap"
- •"Four on the floor, Ad Rock's out the door MCA's in the back 'cause he's skeezin' with a whore. We got a safe in the trunk with money in a stack With dice in the front and Brooklyn's in the back." -No Sleep till Brooklyn, Licensed to IllSeems to foreshadow the coming years' gangsta rap videos featuring promiscuous women, dice games, and wads of cash.
- •"Never been dumped 'cause I'm known the most mackinest Never been jumped 'cause I'm known the most packinest" -Shake Your Rump, Paul's BoutiqueAll the ladies love me and the bros know not to fuck with me...obvious recurring themes in the gangsta rap genre.
- •"Pow!" -Pow, Check Your HeadThis song is actually a jazzy instrumental, but the only word on the entire track is "pow"...which coincidentally is the go to onomatopoeia used in gangsta rap for a gunshot.
- •"And if you don't like it, then hey, fuck you" -Hey Fuck You, To the 5 BoroughsHarder to find later Beasties material for this list, but titling a diss track (believed by some to be directed at Eminem) "Hey Fuck You" and having a hook that says "So put a quarter in your ass 'cause you played yourself" is pretty gangsta in my book.
- •The entire last verse of "Paul Revere" -Licensed to IllYes, I know this is just a crazy distortion of a Wild West scene, but it's pretty gangsta...especially when referring to a gun as a "jammy". RIP MCA (who snatched the gold)