JANKY, SEMI-JANKY, AND NOT JANKY MOVIES WE WATCHED OVER AND OVER AGAIN AS KIDS
It can't be overestimated how many times me and my brother and sister watched these. Nor how the influenced us. I left out the obvious ones like THE GOONIES and all of the INDIANA JONES movies.
- •RADSemi-Janky. My favorite movie of all time. I got a baby blue bmx with white mag wheels for Christmas one year after watching this movie 60 times in a matter of months.
- •WARGAMESNon-Janky. I think my parents let us watch it because of the anti war message but this was a heavy movie. I was always scared I was going to be grabbed by the dudes in the white van.
- •THE EXPLORERSJanky. I can't remember anything about this movie but I know we watched it 1,000,000 times.
- •THE PEANUT BUTTER SOLUTIONTHE JANKIEST. Look up the plot description of this and tell me it isn't the craziest shit ever. I think this taught me what pubic hair was.
- •CLOAK AND DAGGERJanky. But amazing. Also had a young William Forsythe in it!
- •ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTINGNon-Janky. We had a babysitter from a super Irish catholic family that we would watch this with. Later I moved to Chicago and my memories of the city are still connected to this movies locations.
- •GREMLINSNon-Janky. I can't believe my parents let me watch this considering there's a scene where one of the things gets stuffed in a blender and a shit ton of people die.
- •THE LAST STARFIGHTERJanky as fuck.
- •FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATORI think the kid in this movie ended up being a drug addict? He might be dead now.
- •D.A.R.Y.L.I remember always being sad whenever I watched this. I can't remember why. Doesn't this kid fly an SR-71 Blackbird? Why did he do that? He gets saved in a lake or something?
- •THE NEVERENDING STORYSemi-Janky. Jesus Christ for a movie about depression and death we clung to this one like champs.
- •SPACE CAMPJanky as fuck. This one didn't make any sense but it was cool because they got to go to space.
- •LABYRINTHNot really janky at all. One of the all time greats.
- •YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMESSemi-janky. His behind the couch when that Cornish game hen came to life. If you ever saw this you now have that 'Rumitiiip' chant in your head.
- •THE BOY WHO COULD FLYI remember hating this but maybe my parents wanted to put something into the rotation that wasn't about death and depression?