Things I Want in Winter
In darkest night, the earth shall be light, and shine like a star.
- •Dinner partiesNot the boring kind. They should be relaxed, maybe potlucks, with plenty of wine and music playing the whole time.
- •To dance in kitchensWinter is the perfect time for this. The kitchen is warm and light and there's wine in the fridge. It's a perfect place to dance.
- •To read all dayOne of the benefits of winter is that there's no pressure to perform. It's cold, so you CAN'T hike and then post about it on social media - you have to stay inside. Ideally with a really engrossing book and some tea.
- •A fireplaceSomeday I will have one and it will be going all winter long.
- •Cozy barsWhere the music isn't too loud, and the drinks aren't too expensive so you can stay there all day.
- •To day drinkOn the day when I'm not reading at home, drinking with friends is perfect. Starting around 3 or 4, drinking till 10 or 11, dancing in a kitchen, and then climbing into bed.
- •To go to the moviesThere are so many good movies out, and what's better than seeing a movie with someone you love and then bundling back up and walking to a bar or a coffee shop to drink something hot and talk about it?
- •To binge good tvThank you to: Transparent, Girls, Broad City, Catastrophe (I hope?) etc for starting new seasons in winter. @lenadunham - thanks
- •To walk home late at night on a snowy streetAnd see my breath and feel everything crisp around me.