🇨🇦 Things That Make Me Proud to be Canadian 🇨🇦
HAPPY CANADA DAY, LI.ST!!! 🇨🇦
- •This past October, we held a federal election and finally did #StopHarper!!!Stephen Harper was a shitty, shitty man that we hated for a long time. He embarrassed us all with his conservative views towards things like women's health and climate change
- •During said federal election, Justin Trudeau became our Prime Minister!!!His dad was Prime Minister from 1968-1984 (minus a 10 month blip of Joe Clark) and he really seems to have his priorities straight with plans to strengthen our middle class and finally give support to our indigenous population
- •Our landscapeWE SO BEAUTIFUL IT MAKES ME CRY
- •Free health careI hate to say it, but we definitely take this for granted. I didn't know it was a thing to pay hospital bills when you have a baby? My mom had back surgery in 2003 which resulted in a 2month hospital stay and 6 years of prescriptions/physio therapy and we only paid for things like her walker and cane. My friend went to a walk-in clinic, got a prescription for birth control, filled it within half an hour and paid $30 for 6 months worth. Chemotherapy is free. That is a luxury we are lucky to have.
- •Our hockey playersIt's no secret we breed the best players in the world. Orr, Gretzky, Howe, Yzerman, Roy, Brodeur, Niedermayer, Crosby, Toews, Stamkos. That's just off the top of my head.
- •Canadian musicEvery heard of a little band called Nickelback? Yeah, that was us. You're welcome.
- •Our multiculturalismLike anywhere else, we do have our racist shitheads- but I have always felt like I belonged here and that my culture was appreciated. People are tolerant and curious about other cultures. We have the biggest Diwali parade in North America and numerous parades/festivals centered around different cultures that attract everyone.
- •Our national anthemWas recently just ammended to include gender neutral terms!!!!! LOOK AT US GO!!!!
- •BilingualismWe have two official languages (English and French) and I can speak both fluently! Most people do know lil' bits of French too, which I find so cool??? Idk I just love the French language and think French-Canadian dudes are hot as fuck.
- •Our foodPoutine, Lays Ketchup chips, Ruffles All Dressed chips, Smarties, Coffee Crisp, Hawkin's cheezies, Hickory Sticks, Nanaimo bars- you're missing out!!