THE TIME MY MOM VERBALLY DESTROYED ANDY REID
For Eagles and Chiefs fans
- •The year was 2000, I was 9 years old.
- •My family and I were at a CHOP benefit dinner at Dave & Busters in Philly.This is an OG Dave & Busters.
- •Andy Reid hosted a radio show every week in the Dave & Buster's.
- •He was supposed to show up to our dinner and sign autographs for all the kids.He TOTALLY didn't want to.
- •Andy walks in gives a couple of waves to everyone after being announced.Everyone cheered.
- •The PA announcer said something like "Andy has to go do his show now."Andy turns to leave.
- •My mom yelled something like "Oh, hell no!"She gets up and storms over to Andy Reid and his entourage.
- •Meanwhile, I had bought a special football for him to autograph.I was HYPE.
- •My mom is casually making a scene and everyone is silent.She's yelling at him about how he was supposed to take pictures with kids and sign autographs. Then she kept saying "How dare you."
- •This goes on for a few minutes until he gives in.Even at 9 years old, this is one of the most mortifying moments of my life.
- •He finally signed my football. Here it is.Ed Rendell was there too and signed my ball...
- •Also here's a picture of my college roommate (Matt) and Andy Reid from the same night.