IMPORTANT THINGS I LEARNED ABOUT RENTING A CAR FOR TRAVEL (IN GERMANY)
- •Remember to ask about the space available for luggage or if the car has a trunk. It sucks when you realize you can't keep your luggage out of sight of would be thieves.
- •A v6 matters when your going to drive in places like Germany where there is go, go faster, and get out of the way.
- •Diesel is cheaper
- •Size does matter when you have to park in tiny places or make room for oncoming traffic on narrow European roads.
- •You're not allowed to take some types of rental cars from Germany into Eastern countries and others you must get permission.
- •You must buy a vignette (driving pass) to legally drive the highways of Switzerland and Austria.
- •It is beautiful in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.