WHERE I GREW UP 🏡
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •I grew up in Friday Harbor, WA.It's on San Juan Island. In the very NW corner of the state. It's about 5 miles from British Columbia, Canada.
- •There were about 1500 people living on the island when I graduated from high school.Over 6000 now.
- •It's one of the most beautiful places in the world.I mean, look at this
- •I grew up with all kinds of amazing wildlife around.We had deer in our yard, bald eagles flying overhead, wild rabbits all over, harbor seals in the marina, and Orca whales passing by every year. The most scary animals were raccoons. (Don't get between a momma and her babies accidentally. It's not fun)
- •The only way on or off the island is ferry, plane or boat.Makes the crime rate pretty low. Who wants to rob a house then sit in the ferry lane for an hour waiting to be loaded; then have a 90 min ride to the mainland with a truck full of loot, right?
- •It's a great place to grow up.