WOLF AND MOON
- •Wolf howled at the moon.
- •What's wrong? Moon asked.
- •Wolf said, I'm all alone. I'm hungry and cold. My mate was captured and put in a zoo. I'm sad all the time and I don't think I'll ever be happy again
- •Moon said, I'm sorry Wolf. But at least you still feel something. I don't even get sad anymore. I just feel numb. I wish I felt sad sometimes. Sad would be something, at least.
- •Yeah, Wolf said. Look, I have to run. But we'll talk soon.
- •Okay, Moon said. It feels good to talk. I'm glad we did this. How about same time tomorrow night?
- •We'll see, Wolf said. I mean, sure, I'll try.
- •Wolf darted off into the forest.
- •Moon sat in the sky pleased to have made a friend, excited for the night to pass into day and back again for the first time in as long as he could remember.