Most Memorable Sports Posters From the Time When There Were Sports Posters and Not Gifs/slideshows
You know what I meme? #6 will blow your mind.
- •Space The Final FrontierPerfection. Space Jam before Space Jam.
- •Hit ManPinstripey!
- •The Ball PlayerOmnipresent and omnipotent.
- •Rice Be Nimble, Rice Be QuickMuch better than putting him in a rice paddy and doing Rice-a-Roni the San Francisco treat.
- •PrimetimeClassic but odd: everybody is dressed as Falcons like it was 1993; they haphazardly threw in that Dallas Cowboy Star in the background which he started playing for in 95; but if it's 94, he played for the 49ers. It's missing a spelunker panning for gold.
- •Madison Square Guardian1000 tries and you couldn't come up with a worse nickname for Patrick Ewing. Patrick Chewing would have been a better poster. Madison Square Guardian?! What does he do, pick up the kids after latchkey?
- •Reign Man
- •Dr DunkensteinThose are OR scrubs. OR they? Do you concur?
- •Bash BrothersOnly poster that came with steroids.
- •Silver Streak
- •Markan the BarbarianLol out loud. Feel like there could be an entire 30 for 30 documentary on how this poster came to be and who came up with the nickname. What If I Told You Everybody Was Sniffing Glue and Mark Gastineau refused to wear anything but a Loincloth and The Guy Who Came Up with Madison Square Guardian was leaving the office for a long weekend but was asked for one more idea and he looked out the window and saw the poster for Conan in the Barbarian and mumbled to himself: Markan!!!
- •GoldfingersPrimo Bond reference and 95% chance this greenlit an Eddie Murphy script.
- •The DunkPosterization.