WHAT I WOULD TELL MY TEENAGE SELF
Everything happens for a reason and it's scary to think that if any one small thing had been different my path could have been altered and I maybe wouldn't have this beautiful family and pretty wonderful life so this is obv a hypothetical - keep your DeLoreans away from me
- •You're not fat
- •Seriously. One day you will wish you looked like this. Own it.
- •Get your eyebrows shaped though
- •Masturbating is not wrongI would do it then equate anything bad that happened in my life with that act like "oh, we lost the game because I played DJ, I'm being punished." Then I would stop for a long time then do it again and repeat the whole ridiculous cycle. I don't know if this was a product of growing up in the Bible Belt or me just being crazy af?
- •Just go for itI was so afraid of being judged or disliked or rejected that I missed out on a lot. Part of this was normal teen self consciousness and part of it was crippling anxiety which leads me to:
- •Get some help
- •It gets better. So much better.