Repercussions from the Facebook algorithm change for publishers
Facebook changed its algorithm to favor posts from family and friends. The change comes because Facebook is worried publishers are crowding out friends and family (and they've seen sharing go down because of it).
- •Publishers will see less traffic to your site from Facebook.
- •Publishers will see less reach and engagement on Facebook.
- •This will affect all types of content posted by publishers, including links, videos, live videos and photos.
- •Content that will continue to perform well: Shareable content (read: uplifting and inspirational stories), video content, directly uploaded content.
- •Content that will likely be dinged: Straight news, publishers with small audiences.
- •The key: *Your audience sharing your stories will be more useful than you sharing your stories.*