CURES FOR LISTER'S BLOCK
A nice prompt from @hate_my_selfie.
- •When alone and/or bored, start writing down everything people say, organize it smartly, you've got a list.My list of stuff a dad next to me at a ramen place said to his family ended up being my most popular list ever. Not premeditated, not overthought.
- •Be honest with yourself.The lists I've gotten the most out of writing are the ones that have made me look inward. Pre-ListApp I'd done little to no writing that was explicitly about myself (I think?), but something about the openness and judgement-free nature of this thing just compelled me to give it a shot. Glad I did.
- •Tell us something that only you can tell.Is it a story? Is it arcane knowledge? Tell us. Sharing is caring.
- •Make a list out of screencaps or photosThis feels like cheating! But could turn into a great list!
- •Double-click someone else's title and make your own.Imitation is the highest form of flattery.
- •Take a walk or a schvitz.Inspiration AND perspiration.
- •Write the list I requested!Don't think. Just do it.
- •Know that it's just fine NOT posting lists.TheLurkApp