FAVORITE FILM RUN TIMES
I've seen three hour films that were painfully slow, I've seen three hour films that whizzed by. So this was difficult. Regardless, I thank thee for this request, Mr. Winton.
- •6 minutesI like my shorts tight! Coincidentally, I also like my tights short (The Heart of The World).
- •68 minutesHmmm this seems just a little too short to be a feature, right? Wrong (The Kid, Duck Soup, Detour).
- •75 minutesIt's a short film. But it's lean! Damn lean. Never a dull moment. It just works (Bride of Frankenstein, The Ox-Bow Incident, Pickpocket).
- •89 minutesThis one is way up there for me. I like that it's just a hair below 90. Couldn't even make the credits longer to get to that nice even place (Bicycle Thieves, Umberto D, Stand By Me, The Limey, Show Me Love (Fucking Amal), Brain Candy, George Washington, Office Space, The Station Agent).
- •91 minutesThe perfect comedy runtime (Harold and Maude, Bottle Rocket, Bad Santa, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Full Monty, The Darjeeling Limited).
- •99 minutesThe perfect run time for a scary movie (Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Candyman, Frailty, Shaun of the Dead, The Descent, Drag Me To Hell, Heaven Is For Real).
- •105 minutesCan't fuck with this one (It Happened One Night, The Graduate, Kramer vs. Kramer, Rise of The Planet of the Apes, Reprise, Inside Llewyn Davis).
- •120 MinutesTwo hours on the dot (Some Like It Hot, Dead Man, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, After The Wedding, Like Father Like Son)
- •Anything over 135 minutes is pushing it.Unless the director is on my previous list. Or is Michael Bay.