MORE DETAILS OF MY TIME IN PORTLAND
- •Woke up in my bunk around 9am. Got off the bus and walked a block to the Portland Regency Hotel.It was surprisingly warm outside.
- •After a shower, I met up with my tour manager and walked over to Marcy's.Ordered a breakfast burrito, side of hobo hashbrowns, iced coffee, split a grilled tripleberry muffin. Bought a bottle of El Yucateco Black label reserve hot sauce -- a gift for the tour bus.
- •Walked down to the new Tandem Coffee on Congress.They were closed! Monday, man...
- •Walked back to Speckled Ace coffee.Noticed that most of the locals were in t-shirts.
- •Went across the street to this record store called Moody LordsBought the soundtracks to Diva and Privilege, and "The Mekons Rock n Roll."
- •Was one of two people in the Nickelodeon Cinema for the 1:20 pm showing of Furious 7.Tour is tiring, so I passed during the climax. But I woke up for the Paul Walker sendoff.
- •Dinner at Central Provisions.See earlier list.
- •Internetting and early-to-sleep.
- •This morning I checked out, rolled my luggage the five blocks to the Merrill Auditorium and loaded Sufjan merchA into the venueIt rained last night, so the cobblestones were damp.
- •Did some work at the venue and then met my buddy Nat Baldwin or lunch at Pai Men Miyake.Nat is in Dirty Projectors and is a fantastic solo artist as well. We both got the Tokyo Abura ramen.
- •Tandem was open. We sat outside (amazing weather) and I drank an iced coffee. Brought back some Colombian beans for the tour manager.He rocks a pour-over situation in the production office.
- •Back to the venue. More work.That's why I'm here. Despite what you may think.
- •Dinner with Mandy at Slab.Incredible Sicilian pizza and an old fashion.
- •Selling merch.Lovely crowd of Mainers. Tonight's show is almost over. Bus leaves at 1 am. Tomorrow: Albany!