+ OPEN LIST: FILMS WITH OPENING SEQUENCES THAT REALLY ARE 💯
Was discussing the prologue of Wild Tales with @miggles36 last night, we got to talking...
- •Wild Tales"Does anyone else know Gabriel Pasternak?"
- •Manhattan"Chapter One. He adored New York City..."
- •Magnolia"And I would like to think this was only a matter of chance."
- •GoldfingerEverything you expect from a Bond film condensed into a perfect five minute bite.
- •Butch Cassy and the Sundance Kid"Hey Kid... how fast ARE you?"Suggested by @miggles36
- •The PlayerSuggested by @vp
- •Bye Bye BirdieAnn Margret singing against that blue screen isn't really a scene but it is.Suggested by @doesntmattr
- •West Side StoryThose aerial shots! And the dance-snapping down that tunnel!Suggested by @mason
- •The Social NetworkZuckerberg gets dumped by Rooney Mara before crossing snow covered Harvard campus in his Adidas shower shoes and no socks. Everything starts somewhere.Suggested by @mwepper
- •Sound of MusicThis was shot in 70mm, so it's super HD (weird to see from an old musical). If you watch it now on our fancy TVs, the opening sequence flying over the mountains and hills and then zooming in on Julie Andrews is mind-blowing.Suggested by @jessie
- •Boogie NightsSingle shot! Neon! Music! Roller skates! Every actor!Suggested by @jessie
- •Flirting with Disaster"My mother could be rich... She could be rich and smart. Or she could be rich and stupid."Suggested by @samboyd
- •Harold & Maude*Harold hangs himself* "I suppose you think that's very funny, Harold."Suggested by @samboyd
- •DriveSuggested by @jon
- •Tie between Elliot Gould spending 10 minutes procuring cat food in THE LONG GOODBYE and Vincent Gallo spending 10 minutes having to piss in BUFFALO '66.Suggested by @JimGibson