PARK CITY TIPS?
HUNKY DORY, a great indie feature I edited, is premiering at Slamdance on Sunday, and I'm heading there for the weekend. I've never been to Park City or Slamdance or Sundance, so I'm seeking any insider info from seasoned festival-goers. If you'll be there, come see our movie: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hunky-dory-tickets-20151095469?aff=ebrowse
- •Don't freeze balls off.
- •Go to the grocery store. Buy whatever food you can easily carry with you. No one will feed you. And all the restaurants will be mobbed. This is a crucial piece of advice.
- •Liquor will flow freely. Don't drink all of it. The altitude will bite you in the ass. Drink less than usual and ask for water.
- •Make friends with a cab driver & get his personal number for transportation ease. Also expect cabs to take twice as long as you want them to.
- •@maya, is there any non-crappy food?
- •Is it impossible to see Sundance screenings opening weekend?
- •Don't layer as much you think you need to. You'll be spending a lot of time indoors, so you don't want to overheat. Most of the time it's only REALLY cold at night.Suggested by @miggles36
- •Food! I love the coffee shop Atticus Books. Reasonably priced, great bagel sandwiches and soups. High West Distillery is 👍🏼👍🏼(though limited vegetarian options. If you eat with a meat eater, tell them to get the chicken schnitzel.) Tupelo is new, on Main St. and FANTASTIC. I mostly eat from the prepared foods section of Whole Foods though...Suggested by @maya