THE VIDEO MONTAGE FROM MY 10-YEAR COLLEGE REUNION
I didn't go to the reunion, but my friend Sam cut together a video that played on a loop there. Watching it brought back a flood of memories. Here it is, if you want to get into a liberal arts time machine headed for Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT, 2001-2005: https://youtu.be/buqC3FESGhU
- •I had a full head of hair. And those glasses.
- •The boys from MGMT (when they were still The Management) performing a stripped down version of "Kids," a song they were tired of by this point.
- •"Yo, but this scene is really phat, man. The last band that played? Everybody was fuckin' movin' to that shit. It was so lively."
- •Taking a picture of Kellen (with whom I am still very close) with my prized Canon Digital Elf. Still wear that houndstooth coat from time to time.
- •A guy known as Smiley. Super wasted here. He's now a life-coach.
- •How footage of us shooting my senior thesis film ended up in here I'm not sure, but there it is.
- •Daniela in an early incarnation of SNOWBLINK, backed by a chorus of dudes. She and I had brunch last week.
- •One of the best parties of senior year was the Small Antenna magazine release party, at the roller rink, with bands playing at the end of the skating floor.
- •This is not a still from Dazed and Confused.
- •Victor, aka Kool A.D. from Das Racist, playing drums in someone else's band.
- •Marty. We made mix CDs for each other the night before graduation. Have only seen her once since then. 💔
- •Katie who I see all the time, and Timmy my dancing God.
- •"I've never been on roller skates before. Only on blades!" Look at all that hair!
- •In the rad beige jacket, Kim, who would go onto be be a contestant on America's Next Top Model.