THINGS I ALMOST PACKED, BUT DID NOT PACK, FOR THIS TWO WEEK TOUR
Sufjan's Sorrowful Rolling Revue hits the West coast starting mañana. Taking a train down to San Diego this afternoon. I decided to pack extra light for this one. ALSO: say hi if you're coming to a show!
- •Latest issue of Bon AppetitRealized I'd already read it.
- •External hard driveI could tinker with the thing I'm cutting, but for me the road is not conducive to focused creative work. And that thing is heavy.
- •A second pair of shoesBlundstones 4 eva.
- •A bookI always bring a book or two, and end up reading less than a chapter. Some people can read on tour. I can not. I also have a few people's screenplays waiting on the iPad.
- •Soap/shampoo/conditionerFor a long tour, I'll bring my preferred products. For this one, I'll stock up on hotel mini jammers.
- •Big expensive headphonesiPhone buds will do just fine
- •Swim trunksBrought em last time, didn't use em. I think I've become too germaphobic for hotel pools.
- •Raincoat or umbrellaFeeling lucky.
- •A dressy coatI'm hitting a wedding immediately after this tour. The invitation describes a dress code of "we want you to feel like yourself all weekend." So fuck the formalwear. Bringing a tie though. Love ties.
- •Beard trimmerFuck it, it's summer.