THINGS RUNNING THROUGH MY HEAD RIGHT BEFORE I LEAVE TO GO ON TOUR WITH SUFJAN STEVENS
I'm currently heading to Philly for the start of the tour. Yes I may be a film editor of some repute, but I'm also a part time road dawg / merchandise master. It's a fun life.
- •What bunk will I get?Though I'd prefer a bottom bunk, it'll probably be a top bunk. I once fell out of a top bunk while asleep. Another story for another time.
- •Will snoring be an issue on the bus?
- •Will MY snoring be an issue on the bus?
- •Did I forget to pack anything?It happens. Luckily it's not like I'm going to some remote locale. I know that I have my swim trunks, so that's good. Because hotels have pools. And sometimes they have saunas.
- •Should I opt out of the scan and get the pat down?I always do the pat down, or as I call it "free massage." But the TSA agent who "male assist"-ed me when I flew home from New York this weekend was so overzealous that I'm rethinking my usual steez.
- •Who will my tour friends be?My longtime pal Mike is the tour manager, but I don't know anybody else in the band or crew. Hopefully there are a handful who like to find great food, explore cities, and take in a movie or museum on days off. I've never understood the room service campout that some folks do.
- •What am I going to eat on this tour?Visit some old favorites? Make some new discoveries? Plenty of crummy backstage sandwiches? All th'bove!!!
- •Will anybody secretly (or blatantly) hate me?Some road dogs be salty.
- •WILL SUFJAN LIKE ME?!
- •What's the correct way to pronounce Sufjan?And will he answer to "Soof?"
- •Will I get tired of hearing the same music every night?Probably not. This album is tremendous.
- •Will I meet some cool people out there?Always
- •Should I pay for Tinder?Constantly moving around would make that gps feature come in handy. But at the same time, will paying $19.99 to line up dates a few days in advance would make me feel gross on general principle(s). Also: Tinder is ageist.
- •Will I run into people I know at the shows?Always happens when you work with great bands.
- •Will I run into you?If you're coming to a Sufjan show this spring, let me know! Would be great to meet some Listers out there on the road.