PERSONALITY CRISIS OF A NAME
- •I was supposed to be named LeonardMy mother was thrown for a loop when she gave birth to a girl.
- •I used to insist upon being called Allen.When we immigrated to the United States, a woman in my mother's English class told her that the English translation of my name was Allen.
- •My mother named me after Helen of Troy.It's hard to live up to the face that launched a thousand ships.
- •I secretly hope to marry someone with a last name that begins with the letter "O", then I'll have the initials "YOLO"
- •In Spanish class, growing up, I learned to recognize what Spanish speaking region my teachers were from depending on how they would pronounce my name.
- •I've cringed at every nickname anyone has ever tried to call me.Ye-Ye , Yelay, Yeleneypoo, Lenaloo.
- •People frequently drop the "Y" in my name.
- •I hate being called Yolanda.
- •The correct pronunciation of my name is: Yuh-Lay-Nuh