Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •I know a guy whose personal essays were "revised" by a Washington Post editor his dad knows
- •I know countless people who have spent thousands of dollars on SAT prep
- •And can afford to take the test as many times as they need to
I'm back from the list dead to share some thoughts
- •A few days ago, Donald Trump held a rally at a high school in Northern VA
- •One of my dearest friends who attends this school, who is proudly Muslim American and happens to be this year's valedictorian, organized a silent protest on Facebook👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
- •I'm so so so proud of her for using her voice to empower others and fight back against all the recent ignorance and hate
+ my actual reactions
- •"Why are WE, I mean the rich, being punished for being rich??"
- •"Bernie Sanders is a communist that wants America to fail"
- •"Oh my god I hate homeless people, like we all know you're faking!!"
- •Why is OCTOber the 10th month??
- •Why is DECEMber the 12th???!!??!
- •The sound of your iPhone smacking the ground and you know it's a goner
A vicious cycle. One of the biggest the biggest battles in my life.
- •You're way too tired to work right now you need a break to boost productivityI don't
- •Laying in bed is a great way to give you energy to get back to workIt's not
- •Okay I know it makes you more tired but just close your eyes for like 5 minutes and I swear you'll wake up refreshedI won't
Some would call it dangerous but I say it's got character
- •I'm not that asshole who doesn't let people eat or drink in their car.
- •I can be super chill about people scratching or bumping into me
- •Music sounds terrible through the sound system so I only listen to NPR
In an educational setting, I don't think it's "healthy" and I don't think it pushes people to do better for the right reasons.
- •People who believe their success is based on others' failure are encouraging a selfish and jealous culture in which success is a zero-sum game
- •It's not! We can all make it and I hope we do!
- •It's important that we strive to be better than our former selves, not our fellow men. That's all we can do.Vaguely paraphrasing Hemingway
- •Car was broken into
- •The thief found that the most valuable thing in my car was my stash of tampons
- •Trashed my carBroke off my rear view mirror, poured my coffee thermos over the drivers seat, sunglasses broken, tampons EVERYWHERE
I was feeling pretty down for no real reason so I thought making this list would help. It so did. I encourage everybody to do this all the time.
- •Laughing way too hard with old friends
- •Excellent coffee
- •Gasoline prices