TRAVEL CENTRAL-SOUTH AMERICA
Anyone can follow this travel list, I am travelling Central America with a 15 pound bag. Let's begin..
- •Passport and Immunization Certificate (real copy)Keep these well hidden and only use them at the airport or border crossings
- •Copies of the above certificationsGive these to anyone who asks for your passport, and get them back stating they are your only copy to deter thieves
- •DIGITALIZE EVERYTHINGDrivers license, ID, health card , passport , immunization, contact information or any thing else you may need. I have al my info on Google Drive on a free account. Simple.
- •Travel journal and ItineraryI don't go anywhere without a journal. Keep a nice pen with you as well. I use a metal cases sharpie that could easily double as a self defence weapon, if needed.
- •3 OutfitsOne to wear, one to wash, one to dry. All spandex or nylon to speed up the drying process. I have 3 full outfits, a dress shirt, and a bathing suit, in a 12x12 organizer (and a camera lens) I also have an SPF 50 Columbia dress shirt, and a cheap pair of non flashy sunglasses.
- •Light my fire Knife/SporkThese guys have a great bag of tools and I happened to get this one for my meal consumption
- •Nikon D3000Just a camera, I keep the body and lens separate while storing to prevent full theft of my gear
- •BooksVagabonding and think and grow rich, both great books and eye opening. Also a great way to keep in touch with your home reality.
- •1 flashlight 1 headlampSeems counterintuitive to carry both, but I don't always have room for a headlamp, 4 inch flashlight is useful.
- •4 x 8 storage unit for bathroom shitHand sanitizer, razor, deodorant etc keep it small and compact you can get this stuff on the road for next to nothing. I also carry my medications, malaria, anti diarrhea etc
- •iPhone, and external batteryI have the phone to navigate, get around and photos. Carry a charger and I have an external battery as well, Just for emergencies
- •Hidden money BeltThis is not a tested product but it is incognito. Almost unnoticeable, and if someone want all the cash I have they will have to take my belt and then search it. Not likely. Keep emergency cash here.
- •Bucket hat and Buff/head wrapI use a basic tye dye bucket hat and a buff wrap that says Canada to remind me where I'm from. I love both of these products and the buff is multi use. Infinite possibilities, I don't go anywhere without it
- •Business CardsI am always interested in networking and the best opportunities happen at the least expected times. Carry business cards in a carrier or a stack in your pack. Network abroad!
- •Positive attitude and outlookIf you are positive, positive things will happen to you. This is the most important thing I carry with me. Everything prior to this item is an option and not a necessity. You will create more opportunity than you could imagine if you maintain positivity.