CHRISTMAS COOKIES THAT ARE A MUST.
The cookies and baked goods that are a must at my house. Having your great-grandparents own a bakery you get some German cookie recipes pasted down to you.
- •SpritzA simple and small yet delicious butter cookie colored to pastel colors. Pushing the dough through a "cookie gun" to have the cookies baked into different shapes. Put a dot of frosting to hold colorful sprinkles.
- •Chocolate CrinklesA rich chocolate cookie that is sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- •Stars and CrescentsAn ice box cookie that has walnuts in it. Normally cut out into star and crescent moon shapes.
- •Ginger SnapsOK. These are really molasses cookies that are from the cookbook that Julia Childs is famously known for. But my Grandma Treacy is also known for making these. She has a magical oven because no one can make these cookies like she can.
- •Homemade FudgeMy Mom grew up not that far from Wisconsin Dell's. Wisconsin is a state that somehow everyone knows everyone if you just look hard enough through friends of friends. Anyways the fudge that we make is a recipe from the Wisconsin Dells.
- •White Chocolate Chex MixIt sounds exactly like what it is. White Chocolate covers dried cereal, M&Ms, peanuts and pretzels. A simple yet delicious treat.