So I Leaving For Japan and Indonesia Today
Early morning airport ramblings
- •I'm pumped. I've never been to either country before and have really wanted to go to both for different reasons.
- •My girlfriend and I are spending 2 weeks in Japan and then another week in Bali.
- •She's actually already out there.She just graduated from Nursing school and has been doing an extended study program out there with a sister school.
- •In Japan we're kind of shotgunning through Tokyo, Hiroshima, Kyoto and Nara.
- •In Bali I'm gonna be surfing quite a bit.I just need to get my hands on a board to rent.
- •Traveling usually gives me anxiety.And planning this trip was much better because I was actually organized.
- •But it still took me a long time to packSlow and steady keeps my mind from freaking out.
- •And probably took me longer since I'm basically packing for two different trips.Japan is more of a regular vacation, Bali is a surf trip.
- •I feel like I forgot something while packingOh well, I have my passport, bag, and a fresh new haircut.
- •Some of the things we'll be doing out there are:Eating a lot of awesome food, going to Disneyland Tokyo, going pretty much everywhere in Tokyo, going to the monument in Hiroshima, petting the swarms of deer in Nara, going to the Fushimi Inari shrine (that's the one with all the gates), and surfing my brains out in Bali.
- •Books I have for reading during my trip are:Two Stephen King novels: (I'm in the middle of) 'Salem's Lot and Needful Things, and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I love Harry Potter and am rereading them for I'm not sure what time.
- •3 Bands/Groups I have on heavy rotation for my trip are:Balance and Composure, Run The Jewels, and Deathcab for Cutie
- •Movies I have downloaded on my iPad are:Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Trek. I'll probably be sleeping and reading on my flight more.
- •I was thinking of using the list app to keep a daily or weekly photo journal.
- •Would anyone be interested in that?