Things I learned going to the skatepark for the first time in 10 years.
I'm 29. When I was younger all I used to do was Surf, skate and play baseball. Of the 3 I still surf ... A lot. A couple friends and I have started skating more, mostly in the work parking lot. I worked up the courage to go to a skatepark (early in the morning to escape judgment) this is what I (re)learned.
- •Falling hurts
- •Relearning tricks takes practice
- •and practice
- •And more practice#beiberfail
- •Until you finally land it.
- •...twice.Explosion is a must.
- •(Re) Learning fundamentals are super important.Like all things once you nail these, you can build off and be confident in difficult tricks. Also I have a sore foot and bruised pride reminding me afterwards.
- •Coping on bowls is intimidating.
- •Pads still aren't cool. But my elbow would like one.
- •Going early means you can be terrible with no one to watch/judge you.
- •Scooters are the new rollerbladesSkaters think they're uncool, little kids love them.
- •You're never too old to stop doing fun shit.