Top 5 Best Acts I Saw at Bonnaroo 2016
Bonnaroo 2016 was my first at the festival and my first multi day festival. It was hot af and I spent way too much but god damn did I have a lot of fun. There will be a follow up list of other cool things I saw but this list focuses solely on the acts I saw.
- •LCD Soundsystem and Pearl JamIt is impossible to choose who was better. I had more fun at LCD because I was in the pit but the sheer euphoria of seeing one of my face bands of all time for the first time was overwhelming. So they tie. The way the pit went insane during Dance Yrself Clean was a mental I won't forget and seeing fireworks explode as PJ covered Comfortably Numb was like a shot of heroin to my brain.
- •Nathaniel Rateliffe and the Night SweatsThey were so tight and so good but what I could not get over was how small Nathaniel Rateliffe is. He seems so huge in videos. Part of that is his beard and voice.
- •Chris StapletonI don't dig on country but this dude blew me away. I listened to his album twice on the way home.
- •Grace PotterShe's a god damn force of nature and she commanded the attention of the masses despite the sweltering heat. It didn't hurt that she is stunning and unbelievably talented. I got to hear The Lion, the Beast, the Beat live which was rad.
- •ClutchI had never heard of this band but they were so good! Very melodic hard rock and the singer was really funny. And he was wearing a Weyland Yutani shirt (the company in Alien).
- •Honorable mention: Third Eye Blind.I saw them at college a few years ago and they were awful so I had low expectations. But Third Eye Blind came out to the biggest tent crowd I saw during the whole festival and they were so surprised and blown away that they played with everything they had and we're surprisingly great. Good job guys.