NFL TEAMS NAMED AFTER FAMOUS LITERARY WORKS
These are real
- •Baltimore RavensEdgar Allen Poe's "The Raven"
- •San Francisco 49ersAfter Thomas Pynchon's "The Crying of Lot 49"
- •Chicago BearsJohn Irving's "Setting Free the Bears"
- •Philadelphia EaglesTolkien's LOTR, which contains eagles
- •Denver BroncosCormac McCarthy's "All the Pretty Horses"
- •Minnesota VikingsAfter Keith ("The Viking") Freer, from David Foster Wallace's "Infinite Jest"
- •Cleveland BrownsAfter the MFA program at Brown University, which is housed in Cleveland
- •The PatriotsAfter the movie "The Patriot" staring Mel Gibson