My Favorite Hike in Portland So Far: Eagle Creek Trail. 📂
I know it's not summer yet, but it's sunny, and I'm excited for hiking. These photos were from last July. We'll be going from Eagle Creek Trailhead to Twister Falls, a 13-ish mile out-and-back hike. Depending on the season, there will be more falls and/or swimming holes.
- •But first, let me take a selfie. 🙃
- •This is Punchbowl Falls, the lower falls/swimming area at the 2 mile mark. This is a side trail down that adds a little to the hike, but worth it.
- •This is one of the many wooden bridges you'll cross over.
- •We're trailing along...
- •Still trailing along...This type of steep/narrowness is typical on this trail. I don't recommend children, animals, or those with a fear of heights.
- •We've now reached Loowit Falls. 3-ish mile mark.
- •Here is High Bridge, 3.3 mile mark.
- •View from Four and a Half Mile bridge. (4.5 mile mark.)Awesome area to relax/swim before going to Tunnel Falls.
- •These are large talus slopes known as "the Potholes".And means you're almost there! 👏🏻 (Well, half-way at least.)
- •We've made is to Tunnel Falls! 6 mile mark.Trust me, it's worth it.
- •More Tunnel Falls.
- •Tunnel that goes behind Tunnel Falls.
- •Just my husband Scotty pulling a "rude head" as his mum would say.
- •Back to the trail. This stretch is known as the "Vertigo Mile".
- •You've made it! We've now arrived at Twister Falls, less than 1/2 mile after Tunnel Falls. This is the turn around point.
- •But don't forget to swim first if you're there in the summer.
- •Last but not least, more swimming at Twister Falls.And Scotty being Scotty again. 😍🙃