Ways I kept the dream monsters away when I was small
My earliest memories include the nightmares I had when I was four. These methods guaranteed positive results and I highly recommend them.
- •Bedroom door open at least one inchOne needs enough space to recognize who might be in the hall.
- •Light on in hallwayNo surprises here.
- •Closet door closed - tightlyBest check more than once. Dream monsters get in through dark places.
- •Curtains closed. Windows closed.Nothing good to see out there. And light from #2 turns window glass to a one-way mirror. Why give the dream monsters an advantage?
- •Bed not under a windowThings behind curtains can slide down under curtains. Also, see #3 and #4 above.
- •Bed on wall facing doorOld motels are horrifying because doors and windows are on the same wall, regardless of light source.
- •Sleep facing doorA solid wall at your back and an eye on the entrances and exits.
- •Observe all details of the room. When it is safe, you will fall asleep and have only good dreamsIf you violate any of the above rules in your sleep, especially #7, you will wake up from a nightmare.