KEY CHAINS (SIT DOWN, CASUAL)
A primer on the best chain restaurants in the US. Restaurants in the "sit down, casual" subcategory are any chains where you wouldn't feel weird wearing gym clothes.
- •Applebee'sHigh: The 2 for 20 menu is industry-changing and the theme art on the wall is localized! Low: Riblets.
- •OutbackHigh: Steak and unlimited shrimp. Low: The Bloomin' Onion is all hype.
- •Texas RoadhouseHigh: You can pick your own steak at the front window and first-timers get free chili. Low: They encourage patrons to throw peanut shells on the floor.
- •Village InnHigh: Pies and breakfast food. Low: Most dinner selections.
- •Ruby TuesdayHigh: Pumpernickel breadcrumbs at salad bar. Low: The fish is questionable.
- •Chili'sHigh: The drama of an incoming fajita. Low: They can't do chicken tenders right.
- •Cracker BarrelHigh: The gift shop and dumplins'. Low: The post-meal letdown; they might also hate gay people.
- •Red LobsterHigh: Biscuits and shrimp-specific menu. Low: The size of the shrimp.
- •Friday'sHigh: The app menu is peerless. Low: Emphasis on Jack Daniels sauce.
- •Olive GardenHigh: Bottomless soup, salad and breadsticks. Low: Round 3 of said deal.