Things That Are Cool About Starting Work at 4am
I just started writing the New York Today column for the NYT. It's published at 6am, so there we are.
- •No one else is upWeird
- •Lots of people are actually upIt's New York baby!!!!!!!!!!!
- •You can hear lots of different kinds of bird callsWeek 1 and I already know mockingbird season just started
- •Second (and third) breakfast
- •You get to take a nap after you're done at like 1 every day if you wantAnd no one thinks it's depressing. They're like omg! Go take a nap!!!!
- •You can go outside during daylight hours and it's not like you're taking too long of a break from work
- •Meeting friends for lunch
- •Ps these do not outweigh the giant con of working at 4am
- •Being hotSuggested by @roseschlossberg
- •Asian marketsSuggested by @roseschlossberg
- •Sunrise (suggested by @sally)